Part-Time Director of Education (Exempt Status)
SUMMARY: Manage the development, implementation and evaluation of continuing education (CE) operations of the agency.
- Supervise, hire, and evaluate assigned CE staff.
- Conduct annual assessments of training needs of service area health and human service providers.
- Develop, implement and evaluate CE programming.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Provide support to career exploration activities and services.
- Assist in developing and implementing marketing and outreach strategies for programming.
- Coordinate contracting and scheduling of instructors, speakers, and consultants within agency guidelines.
- Act as a primary liaison and/or establish and maintain provider status and approvals for continuing education credits as needed.
- Manage all aspects of the Berkshire AHEC MassAHEC contract, assuring timely program administration, evaluation, and reporting to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of the grant. Data collection and reporting will be done as guided by MassAHEC, with the assistance of partners. Fiscal management and reporting will be performed in close consultation with the statewide Director and with the Executive Director of Berkshire AHEC.
- Establish training locations, coordinate registrations and related evaluations.
- Provide participant data tracking and management.
- Responsible for program evaluation and planning.
- Prepare and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Work collaboratively to ensure fiscal goals are met through budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
- Maintain productive and effective communication with funders, collaborators, and colleagues, including review of contracts and preparation of reports.
- Build, maintain and strengthen all professional relationships.
- Represent Berkshire AHEC at required meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and five years administrative experience, or Master’s degree in related field and three years administrative experience.
- 2 years minimum experience in interpersonal, supervisory and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and 3-years’ experience in Windows based word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, and other software programs.
- Ability to lift, unassisted, forty (40) pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Excellent English oral and writing skills
- Training experience and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to adjust work time to training schedules
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with diverse ethnic, linguistic and cultural populations.
- Demonstrate positive, strong, and collegial working relationship with peers.
- Demonstrate experience in a job requiring great attention to detail, organization, timeliness, and report writing.
- Ability to facilitate, negotiate and manage stakeholders with a variety of interests to utilize consensus-based decision making processes and to set group priorities to meet program goals.
- Record of collaboration and strong team building within and across organizations including demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to dynamic culture of multiple systems.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and coordinate project activities.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, presentation, and written skills that facilitate the advancement of program and grant goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with community-based agencies, academic institutions and other related organizations.
- At least two years of experience in grants and/or project management with demonstration of ability to manage many administrative tasks at once and prioritize activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Three years of experience in higher education and/or health care related field.
- Familiarity with Mass Health provider networks.
Planning, Coordination & Scheduling of Professional Development Programs: Responsible for coordination and execution of all trainings, including program development, negotiation of contracts, recruitment of highly qualified speakers, adherence to all requirements for approval, conference management, data analysis and program evaluation.
Outside Contract/Conference Management: Responsible for building key relationships with organizations throughout the state and managing all contracts for professional trainings and provide technical support. Receive and process all required materials to receive approval of professional credits.
Outreach & Program Materials: Developing promotional materials to meet accreditation requirements for all conferences and meetings. Assist in identifying ways to improve cost effective marketing to target audiences.
Grant Writing: Assist in searching and identifying grant areas of funding and assist with writing grant proposals. Responsible for grant reporting and budget reconciliation.
Primary Contact to Accrediting Boards/Accreditations: Serve as an information resource on continuing education department policies and procedures; responsible for adherence to all accreditation standards and requirements for commercial support for all programs; responsible for orienting and updating all staff on new criteria as needed.
Program Evaluation: Designed an evaluation plan for the agency that met all accreditation standards. Analyze data to determine effectiveness in fulfilling organizational mission and goals; generate goals for improvement, strategies to achieve goals and monitor progress.
Secure Recordkeeping: Create and maintain all program files, responsibility for confidentiality of participant data and secure and complete recordkeeping of all documents and materials relating to accreditations.
This is a half-time position offering competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter responding specifically to Thomas Colligan, Berkshire AHEC, c/o Berkshire Community College, 1350 West Street, K213H, Pittsfield, MA 01201. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply promptly. The priority application deadline is May 4, 2018. Applications will be accepted beyond that date until the position is filled. Electronic applications submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered. No phone calls please. Berkshire AHEC is an equal opportunity employer.