JOB TITLE: AHEC Consultant
SUMMARY: To develop new contracts with local, regional and national agencies. To incorporate already existing programming into new venues.
Specific objectives, deliverables, outcomes, and timelines will be negotiated with the selected Consultant. In general, the Consultant will be expected to:
Assess AHEC’s current capabilities and future opportunities for improvement with regard to meeting the community’s needs for healthcare education.
Assess the regional healthcare industry to determine opportunities for AHEC to deliver services in a financially sustainable manner, including both grant-funded and direct contracting arrangements.
Market AHEC to local, regional, and national agencies.
Negotiate terms with clients and education providers.
Provide periodic reports on plans and project status to AHEC management and the AHEC Board of Trustees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
- The ability to assess profit and loss for long and short term ventures
- The ability to look beyond the status-quo to identify new opportunities that are not obvious or already in our market
- A working knowledge and experience using social media
- Future forward thinker
- Knowledge of healthcare education
- Understanding of local, regional and national healthcare needs
- Understanding of the healthcare industry including current issues in healthcare delivery
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Evidence of political savvy
- Knowledge of local and regional connections
- Strong leadership skills
- Understanding of organizational planning
- Team player
Requirements: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and five years administrative experience in healthcare.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter responding specifically via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply promptly by Monday, October 14, 2019 by 4:00 p.m. Applications will be accepted beyond that date until the position is filled. No phone calls please. Berkshire AHEC is an equal opportunity employer.
Downloadable description: AHEC Consultant_Sept2019