JOB TITLE: Operations Assistant (Part-time 20 Hours per week)
SUMMARY: Provides clerical support to the agency and its programs and services.
- Perform clerical support tasks such as typing, word processing, faxing and photocopying, preparing mailings.
2. Data entry and maintain databases.
3. Track, organize and file information.
4. Assist with production and processing of reports and data
5. To provide clerical support for courses and programs offered through Continuing Education with potential for participation in program development
6. Position assists with the front line which includes answering the telephone and assisting with walk-in customers.
7. Assist with MA Food Allergan Program and Certificates of Completions
8. Attend required meetings
9. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Berkshire AHEC policies, procedures, and practices with ability to answer work related questions; and/or interpret and apply these guidelines correctly in various situations.
2. Knowledge of general office procedures and filing systems
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Time management skills
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public
7. Ability to prepare reports
8. Excellent verbal and written communications skills preferably multilingual
9. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with diverse ethnic, linguistic and cultural populations
10. Ability to work collaboratively with community-based agencies, academic institutions and other related organizations
11. Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of performance
12. Demonstrative ability to function as a team member, with strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
13. Ability to work accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
14. Ability to handle confidential material judiciously
- A minimum of an Associate degree or certificate and three years clerical experience.
2. Knowledge and 3-years’ experience in Windows based word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
3. Ability to lift, unassisted, twenty (20) pounds.
4. Reliable transportation.
5. Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Operations Assistant for Berkshire Area Health Education Center, Inc., 20 hour position, offers a unique opportunity to provide clerical support for our agency programming. Attention to detail and proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter responding specifically via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply promptly by Monday, August 26, 2019 by 4:00 p.m. Applications will be accepted beyond that date until the position is filled No phone calls please. Berkshire AHEC is an equal opportunity employer.