- This event has passed.
Memory Matters 2016
September 22, 2016 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Overall Program Goal: This program will highlight the cutting-edge research in early detection and prevention and will provide an opportunity for health care providers, caregivers and families to discuss the challenges for persons living with Alzheimer’s disease and hear firsthand from a person facing these challenges.
Location: Wingate Residences at Melbourne Place, 140 Melbourne Road Pittsfield, MA
Registration/Refreshments: 1:00PM – 1:30PM
Program: 1:30 PM– 3:30 PM
Credits/Contact/Clock Hours: 2 SW, Nursing, NHA, LMHC, CDP, Certified Dementia Practitioners,
CDCM Certified Dementia Care Manager and CADDCT Certified Alzheimer’s Disease Dementia Care Trainer
FREE Program for Professionals & Caregivers, Registration is Required.
(Includes refreshments, course materials and certificate of completion for professionals)
Learning Objectives: At the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) disease trajectory
- Describe emergent diagnostic criteria for AD
- Discuss recent and upcoming clinical trials focused on the prevention of AD
- Identify their personal views about dementia;
- Recognize the impact of cognitive impairment on families, friends, and the community