- This event has passed.
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV
May 20, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Program Learning Objectives:
• Identify populations/patients at risk for HIV acquisition
• Recite evidence of the need for PrEP and rapid start services
• Identify components of PrEP education
• Identify components of rapid start education
• Identify the role of pharmacists in screening for HIV risk and PrEP suitability
• Discuss the role of PrEP use among adolescents
• Identify resources for rapid start and retention in care
• Identify patients who require PEP and nPEP (post-exposure) and offer prophylactic treatment according to guidelines
Identify and implement the needs, approaches, cultural competencies, and CDC guidelines specific to offering PrEP and rapid start to MSM of color, women of color and transgender populations
CME will be available for this live webinar.